The Ei170RF is a mains powered with rechargeable battery back up, alarm kit for the deaf and hard of hearing. The kit contains a Xenon strobe light that provide and plug in vibrating pillow pad that will activate when the interconnected alarms are triggered to alert the user to the danger.
The Ei170RF kit is compatible with the Multi-Sensor Fire Alarm Ei2110e, 160e Series alarms and 140RC Series smoke and heat alarms, along with any interconnected Carbon Monoxide alarms. This kit links into the alarm system using RadioLINK wireless interconnection technology, making it easier to add into a system and causing less disruption to the occupants on installation.
An integral ‘Test’ button is also present on the front of the unit, allowing an easy means of testing the strobe, vibration pad and the RadioLINK enabled alarms in the system.
As with other RadioLINK products the Ei170 Alarm Kit for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing will need to be linked into the alarm system or ‘House Coded’. View our step by step guide to House Coding here.
Operation of the Ei170RF
The green ‘power’ indicator light on the front of the strobe unit will illuminate to show mains power is present.
If the mains power fails, the green indicator will extinguish and change to an amber flash every 4 seconds to indicate that the unit is running on battery back-up. If the battery back-up becomes depleted, the amber ‘Fault’ indicator will flash once every 4 seconds.
On receipt of a RadioLINK alarm or test signal, the strobe will flash and the vibration pad will be activated. the red ‘Alarm’ indicator light will also flash.
Pressing the ‘Test’ button will check and activate the strobe and vibration pad. The unit will also send out a RadioLINK alarm signal that will activate all RadioLINK units in the system.
- A strobe and vibrating pillow pad kit designed to give warning of fire to deaf and hard of hearing occupants. For use with 2110e, 160e and 140RC Series smoke and heat alarms (when mounted on an Ei168RC RadioLINK base) amd Ei262 RadioLINK Carbon Monoxide (CO) alarms. It can also be used with all other RadioLINK devices/ancillaries, including the 405 & 600 Series RadioLINK smoke and heat alarms.
- Eliminates the need for any cabling between the Ei170 RF and the smoke, heat and/or CO alarms used in the system.
- Requires 230V AC, 50Hz mains power supply.
- The unit has a built-in high-intensity Xenon strobe (flash rate 0.8Hz) with a wide light output angle.
- Built-in long life sealed lead acid rechargeable battery to provide back-up power in the event of mains failure. Standby capacity 7 days (followed by 15 minutes alarm) lifespan, 5 years in normal use. The battery is connected by plugging it into the socket in the bottom of the battery box.
- Comprehensive indicating lights on front of the unit:
- Power – Constant green to indicate mains is present, flashes amber every 4 seconds with mains absent.
- Alarm (red) – Flashes every second when the unit has been triggered.
- Fault (amber) – Flashes every 4 seconds if a fault is detected with panel/vibration pad. Flashes every 4 seconds if rechargeable back-up battery is depleted or faulty.
- RF status (blue) – Illuminates when RF signal is being sent, flashes in ‘House Code’ mode to indicate the number of units learned. Flashes every 40 seconds if RadioLINK smoke alarms have a low battery.
- Mains transformer is mounted in seperate and hard-wired to the strobe unit with 4m of low voltage cable. Supplied with 2m of mains cable and pre-wired 13 amp plug (with a 3 amp fuse).
- Integrated ‘Test’ button on the front of the unit. Pressing this checks strobe and control circuitry and also send out a RadioLINK alarm signal to other units in the system.
- The vibrating pillow pad is suitable for mounting under mattresses or pillows and produces strong, pulsed vibrations suitable for waking sleepers. Supplied with locking plug and 5m of pre-wired cable.
- Connecting sockets on rear of unit as follows:
- Vibration Pad socket – Locking socket (JST type VHR-2N). Is pulsed when unit is in alarm.
- Auxiliary sockets – Two auxiliary sockets are available on the rear of the unit to allow connection of additional strobes etc. Locking sockets (JST type VHR-2N). Each provides 12V/200mA when unit is in alarm. Can be used for any of the following: Auxiliary strobe Ei178, auxiliary vibration pad Ei174, or for triggering a radio pager.
- A clock input socket is also available. This is for use will alarm clocks that have a 3.5mm mono jack output and saves the need for multiple vibration pads. An input of 5-12V (AC or DC mains isolated) will turn on the vibration pad (constant vibration pattern) but will not activate the strobe or auxiliary sockets.
- Radio frequency: 868MHz band in accordance with R&TTE Directive 1999/5/EC – this band has been designed for use with security products and only allows a 1% duty cycle, so continuous transmission and interference from external sources is extremely remote, and would be illegal. Complies with EN300220-2V2.1.1.
- RF Range: The type of building will be the major limiting factor e.g. the number and type of walls/ceilings that the radio signal has to pass through. As a guide, 30m should be the maximum distance between any of the RadioLINK units in the system.
- Up to 12 RadioLINK units can be used in one system. For larger systems contact our Technical Department for guidance.
- Units are in factory code when received (they will all communicate with each other). They must be ‘House Coded’ to eliminate the risk of adjacent properties communicating with each other. After ‘House Coding’ they will only communicate with other RadioLINK units coded at the same time.
- House Code: Operate the ‘House Code’ switch by inserting a small screwdriver through the hole on the cover. Also place all other RadioLINK units into ‘ House Code’ mode – see instructions supplied with the units being used. The blue light on the cover of the E171RF will flash slowly, this indicates it is receiving the unique serial numbers being sent by all other RadioLINK units in ‘House Code’ mode. The number of flashes of the blue light indicates the number of units in the system. The Ei171RF will return to normal standby mode automatically after 30 minutes. Pressing the ‘House Code’ switch again will return to normal standby immediately.
- An optional additional strobe (Ei178) is available for providing warning in additional rooms, The Ei178 is supplied with 10m of pre-wired cable and plug for connection to one of the auxiliary sockets.
- The product is CE marked to indicate conformance to directives – EMC (89/336/EEC) tested to EN50130-4; Low Voltage (73/23/EEC) tested to EN60065; R&TTE (1999/5/EC) tested to EN300220-2V2.1.1.
- Designed for wall or surface mounting.
- Dimensions: Control box – 195mm x 125mm x 75mm. Mains adapter – 60mm x 50mm x 90mm
- Weight: Control box – 770g. Mains adapter – 600g
- Ambient Temperature Range: 4°C to 40°C. Humidity Range: 0 to 90% relative humidity.
- 5 year guarantee.
- Manufactured in Ireland.
- Power Supply: 230V AC, 50Hz Transformer supplied
- Battery Back-up: Rechargable lead acid battery
- Temperature: Operating - 0°C to 40°C Storage - 0°C to 35°C (in a dry area)
- Humidity range: 15% to 95% Relative Humidity
- Indicator LED: Green - Power Amber flash every 4 seconds - Mains disconnected Amber - Fault Blue - RF transmission Red Alarm
- Button Test: Tests strobe, vibration pad, panel and all connected RadioLINK Alarms
- Communication: RadioLINK protocol with multi-path multi-repeater function
- RF Frequency: 868.499 MHz
- RF Range: 100m in free space 30m in standard property
- Fixing: Wall fixings supplied
- Plastic Material: UL94VO flame retardant
- Dimensions: Product - 180mm x 110mm x 85mm Package - 325mm x 300mm x 100mm
- Weight: 1370g (Boxed 1480g)
- Warranty: 5 year (limited) warranty
- Approvals: RF Approvals: EN 60065:2002 + A12:2011 EN 50130-4:2011 EN 61000-6-3:2007 + A1:20
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.